MRI Safety Barrier
TechGate by AEGYS
Every day at hospitals and health care facilities around the world, the safety of patients, technologists and medical personnel is put in danger when an MRI environment is accidentally violated by a seemingly innocent intrusion while a procedure is in progress.
When MRI warning signs fail, patients and technologists risk physical harm, while priceless equipment is jeopardized for damage or destruction by someone who unknowingly enters an unsecured or open MRI door. There is now a simple and effective way to diminish that risk: TechGate.
TechGate provides a safety barrier which allows technologists to focus on the care of patients and efficient room turnaround rather than worrying about a potential intrusion. Easy to use and designed for the MRI environment, TechGate is deployed via remote control, providing an immediate physical restriction of access to all unauthorized individuals.
Faraday Pty Ltd – Electromagnetic Shielding RF Shielding Australia
Who Needs TechGate?
Many MRI environments are currently at risk for an adverse event. They include:
- Facilities with deficient ACR 4-zone layouts, common corridors leading into MRI rooms and CT/MRI room overlaps
- Complex-case environments where multi-functional staff is present, such as transportation staff, anesthesiologists and trauma team
- Staffing situations where technologists find themselves working alone in the suite
- Facilities where unauthorized visitors (such as family members) may directly or inadvertently access the MRI room
- Outpatient facilities where MRI technologists have expanded duties
- Environments where other types of MRI warning signs have failed